ASAP’S FERAL CAT TNR
ANIMAL SERVICES AND ASSISTANCE PROGRAMS, INC.
Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) is a full management plan in which stray and
feral cats already living outdoors in cities, towns, and rural areas are
humanely trapped, then evaluated, vaccinated, and sterilized by
veterinarians. Kittens and tame cats are adopted into good homes.
Healthy adult cats too wild to be adopted are returned to their familiar
habitat under the lifelong care of the volunteers or placed in a barn
ALL APPOINTMENTS FOR FERAL CATS MUST BE MADE PRIOR TO TRAPPING CATS.
There are a limited number of spaces available each day.
SURGERIES ARE DONE MONDAY THROUGH FRIDAY BASED ON AVAILABILITY.
To schedule appointments call Cindy Gaffney before
6 p.m. at
Our email address is
Neuter/Spay fee for feral cats is $30.00 McHenry County and all other
Cats that are late term pregnancies will not be accepted (Over 5 weeks)
Late term fee of $5.00 will be assessed to cover cost of anesthetic and
examined cats will be returned without surgery and vaccinations.
FeLV/FIV testing is optional at $15.00/test
ALL FEES MUST BE PAID IN CASH AT TIME OF DROP OFF UNLESS APPROVED BY
• All cats must be trapped the night before and off food and water at
• Place newspaper in bottom of trap, small amount of canned food in back
of trap (no glass or ceramic bowls please)
• Once cats are in trap place towel over trap to keep cats calm and move
cats to a garage or out of the weather. ONCE CATS ARE IN TRAPS DO NOT
TRY TO TRANSFER CATS TO CARRIERS OR CRATES !!!!!
• NEVER LEAVE TRAPS UNATTENDED OUTSIDE OVERNIGHT
• All cats must come in traps with newspaper in the bottom. 1 cat per
trap. Loan traps are available. If you need a trap you may call Hartland
Vet Clinic (815) 338-7730 or Cindy Gaffney (815)
• You are responsible for any lost, stolen or damaged traps.
• All traps must have name and phone number where we can reach you if
• Female cats must remain in traps overnight post surgery.
• No food for any cats post surgery until the next morning. Water Only !
• All cats will be ear-tipped to identify that they have been spayed or
neutered, NO EXCEPTIONS.
• All cats will be vaccinated for rabies
• All cats will be vaccinated for DRC (Distemper, Rhino, Calici)
• All McHenry County cats will be microchipped
• All cats will be checked and treated for ear mites if needed
• All cats will be checked and treated for fleas if needed.
• All cats will receive an injection of antibiotics
• All spays are done with absorbable sutures.
Helping Paws is
funded solely through donations. Please help us save the stray dogs and
cats that come to us for help. A gift of any amount will help in the
lives of these wonderful animals.